If ever there was an adventure to be had in Japan it’s in the country’s incredible array of delicious food.
And, thanks to the worldwide love of sushi, everyone knows that fish holds a special place in the heart of the Japanese diet. The national home of that staple is the iconic Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo.
Tsukiji Fish Market has moved
The famous inner market moved to Toyosu on 11th October. So, tours will not visit the inner market (wholesale business area). Instead the tour will walk around Tsukiji outer market and Uogashi wholesaler market.
So, if you want to experience this amazing cultural and foodie tour yourself in its new location, now is the time to book!
Tsukiji Fish Market Tour
Dive into the fascinating world of local seafood with this expert Tsukiji Fish Market tour. Explore the famous market over 3.5 hours with a local and friendly guide.
Tsukiji Honganji Temple
After meeting your guide at Tsukiji Honganji Temple just outside the market’s main gate, begin your day eating and shopping like a local inside Tokyo’s famous Tsukiji Market.
Discover why so many of Japan’s top chefs visit here daily to pick up the freshest ingredients.
Navigate your way through the maze of seafood and learn from your guide about the market’s history. Stroll past the many stalls and observe the piles of sea urchin stacked neatly in boxes.
Massive bluefin tuna
Watch as vendors carve massive bluefin tuna or spot puffer fish floating in tanks. Head to the vibrant stores selling the best quality foods at the outer market.
Eat a variety of local foods, ranging from finger foods to delicacies. Learn from your knowledgeable guide the tips about local culinary culture. End the tour at an authentic sushi restaurant with a serving of fresh sushi before heading back to Tsukiji Station.
- Explore the maze of seafood vendors at this sprawling seafood market
- Sample a range of bonito, sushi, sake, fresh oysters and local omelets
- Learn about the history of the market and cultural importance of seafood
- Local guide
- Samples of local food
- 1 bottle of water
I definitely recommend the 3.5 hour Tsukiji Fish Market Food and Drink tour!!
Yeonmi, our guide, was highly knowledgeable and thoroughly entertaining. We had numerous tasty stops (included in the price) and Yeonmi made it so much fun too!
Highly recommended!! We’d do it all again!!
Tsukiji Fish Market tour Reviewed by Maria – Australia
Know before you go
- Tsukiji inner market moved to Toyosu on the 11th October. So tours will not visit the inner market (wholesale business area). Instead the tour will walk around Tsukiji outer market and Uogashi wholesaler market. The tour will run from 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- This is a group tour
- There is a moderate amount of walking involved in this tour
- The minimum drinking age is 20
- Because your guide may not be allowed to accompany you to the inner market, you will be given a handmade map and useful information before your exploration
- Tokyo metropolitan government changed the inner market entrance time to 11:00 AM from 10:00 AM. The market is less busy but you will stay for a slightly shorter time
Enjoyed this article? Please share this image:
Feedback and questions welcome – please lease leave a comment below.
Join a Growing Community of Travellers!
Sign up for my biweekly bulletin today, download your copy of my Guide to Amazing Adventures in Japan, receive access to my free Resource Library and Private Facebook Group.